Over time, fine jewellery can become a family heirloom if it is cared for properly. Daily wear can affect the brilliance of diamonds, gemstones and metals.
Once you've found your perfect ring, you'll want to keep it sparkling and radiant.
- We encourage you to bring your jewellery back to us for professional servicing. Our staff are knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of jewellery care, including cleaning gemstones, engagement rings and repairing and tightening of settings.
- At Cassandra Mamone we offer complimentary first ring clean for all clients and complimentary ultrasonic cleaning and in-house ring check.
- For cleaning and maintenance of all jewellery, be sure to use a high-quality polish cloth and keep all jewellery away from abrasive chemicals. As a rule, Cassandra Mamone jewellery should always be removed if it has the potential to be exposed to chemicals or knocked through daily activities.
- Separate your jewellery to prevent scratching. We recommend using a soft jewellery box with dividers, or keeping the jewellery in the boxes they came in.
- Remove all jewellery before showering or cleaning. Soap can leave a film on jewellery making it look dull, while chlorine and bleach can cause tarnishing.
- Always consider your daily environment when opting for your engagement ring. Opt for a more solid band if gold is your metal of choice. If you prefer finer styles, consider platinum; it will outwear gold many times over.
- Wear your jewellery (especially diamonds) while playing sports or doing hands-on work - diamonds are durable but can be chipped by a strong knock or blow.
- Wash your hands or put on hand cream while wearing your jewellery.
- Lotions, powders, soaps and even natural skin oils put a film over diamonds, making them dull.
DID YOU KNOW?
Acidity in the body from diet or medications can affect your jewellery, especially sterling silver. For example, antibiotics in some people cause their rings to tarnish.
Paper is mildly abrasive, and constant daily exposure to it will wear your jewellery over the years.
Gold and sterling silver are considered to be the least reactive metals, so even if you have sensitive skin or are prone to irritation most people find these two metals to be fine.
Sterling silver is more likely to tarnish over time, which is why it’s important to take care of your silver jewellery.
To clean your diamonds you'll need:
✨ Small bowl in warm water
✨ Mild detergent
✨ Soft tissue
✨ Soft-bristle toothbrush
✨ Polishing cloth
2. Brush the pieces with an eyebrow brush or soft toothbrush while they are in the suds, then rinse under running water.
3. Polish with your Cassandra Mamone high-quality polishing cloth.